Ingredients (Makes 12-15 meatballs or 5 patties)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp groung flax
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pinches of black pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together well.
2. Make sure you have adequate space to put the meat once it is prepared (baking trays work nicely here!) With your hands, mold the mixture into patties or meatballs.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp of Canola oil. Place the patties onto the pan and lightly pan fry for 2-3 mintues on each side or until cooked through. You may need to do a few batches here!
4. Line a plate or tray with paper towel and dab off any extra oil, serve hot and enjoy!
Click here for the original recipe
This recipe could possibly be one of my favourite meat patty recipes of all time! There patties are so good because of the curry paste. Curry pastes can be overwhelmingly spicy depending on their ingredients. Fresh chilies, garlic, green onions, cilantro, kaffir lime, galangal, and lemon grass are just some of the flavours you can expect to encounter in a curry paste. In this recipe, the Greek yogurt tames the curry paste from being overwhelming spicy. These patties won't set your lips on fire or even make your nose run. You will be fine! This recipe is a must try!
And this is how Nutrition Meets Life . . .
Greek yogurt can be used for more than just making a yogurt parfait! Here are ten unique ways to use Greek yogurt in your cooking:
1. Replace it with sour cream on a potato or in a taco.
2. Mix it with dill, garlic, and cucumber to make a fancy dip.
3. Spread it on a slice of bread or a wrap for some extra zing!
4. Mix it with honey and some fruit for a dessert.
5. Make yogurt Popsicles!
6. Use it in a soup.
7. Mix it with some lemon and herbs to make a sauce for a chicken or fish dish!
8. Experiment with it while baking treats such as cakes.
9. Make a fruit smoothie
10. Replace it with mayonnaise when making your next egg salad!
Overall recipe rating: 4.5/5 kiwis